How to prepare Living Will
What is a Living Will?
A living will is a legally binding document that an individual composes to instruct relatives and medical professionals on medical care after they cannot independently make decisions or communicate them. In this document, an individual declares their will to continue or discontinue life-sustaining treatment in the event of a coma or other situation when life support is required. People also create a living will in anticipation of such incapacitations as the inability to speak or otherwise express decisions coherently.
What does a living will form include?
Living will examples exist that can be composed with the help of an attorney or independently. The participation of a legal expert is widely popular but only optional for completing this legally binding document. You can fill out a form in a medical facility, hospital, or hospice. Usually, facilities like these provide a living will template for their state, and patients only need to add their information. Commonly, one should include the following information in this form:
- The author's legal name, and if one exists, alias;
- Form completion date;
- Declaration of having a sound mind and body, which is necessary for the form's validity;
- Health care proxy's name, if there is any;
- Instructions for medical professionals on what to do in case the patient is incapable of making decisions;
- An additional statement signed by witnesses who can prove that the patient completed the form willingly and rationally;
- Patient's signature.
The required contents of this document may vary from state to state. Select your state to see the specific template for it.
Filing legal forms for a living will
Here, you can find all the examples you need of such documents for your state. These include such living wills as an Advanced Health Care Directive, Health Care Directive, Declaration of Living Will and POA for Health, Health Care Proxy, and many more. Simply choose the document you need and fill out the questionnaire. You can download the prefilled document right away.
How to get and complete the appropriate Living Will template
Legal paperwork requires accurate completion and compliance with federal and applicable state laws to be valid. You'll need solid and costly professional expertise to compose it from scratch, and surfing the web for verified legal templates takes considerable time. We offer a better solution for you here!
Our website offers fully compliant fillable and printable Living Will forms drafted by professional lawyers. Answer all our survey questions, and our system will pre-fill your template with your information. The process takes only a few minutes, saving you time, money, and effort.
Follow this guide to obtain your Living Will within minutes:
- Select your state and form from the dropdown menu (if available) and click Create document to proceed with form completion.
- Answer our questions, describing your situation as accurately as you can.
- Check your answers to be sure that everything is correct and comprehensive.
- Use the Back button to make corrections, and once ready, click Submit.
- Review your pre-filled document and access it if everything is ready.
- Log in or create an account, choosing a subscription that suits you best.
- Get your ready-to-go document in a suitable format with the Download button.
Take advantage of our service, where anyone can easily create a professionally looking state-specific Living Will irrespective of their legal expertise. We offer the fastest way to prepare your paperwork with maximum efficiency. Save time on endless web searches for appropriate blank forms. Get your legal paperwork now in only a few simple clicks!